Thursday, February 18, 2010

On The Water and In the Air! - Part 1

Oh boy, another overdue entry. Time really does fly and it feels like only last week I thought I posted the last one, but it's already been a month!

I wanted to blog about my first 2 experiences for new year - Langkawi Sunset Dinner Cruise and the Pilot for a Day. Both are totally opposite experiences, and although it's been about 2 months since I've carried out these experiences, until today I can still remember the exact emotions felt and some mental images of the day flashing in my mind. That's the beauty of experiencing new things and adventures and what better gift than the gift of a memorable experience!

So I'll start off with the Langkawi Sunset Dinner Cruise first and continue on with the Pilot for a Day in my next entry

Langkawi Sunset Dinner Cruise
Thanks to Sherin and
Ming Ne who made my year end trip much more memorable. Year 2009 was one helluva rollercoaster ride and I can count the fingers on one hand (less actually!) the number of holidays I took the whole year. But I would always make it a point to take a couple of days off to celebrate the new year with hubby or friends outside of KL and this experience was not only the icing on the cake but the cherry on the icing of the cake! To summarise my whole feeling about this experience - it just makes you want to leave everything behind and spend your whole life wandering the seas and becoming a beach bum! haha. I was very tempted.

I believe for this experience, pictures should suffice to describe the feeling so I'm probably going to turn this entry into a photoblog instead. But that's the beauty of this experience, you're not suppose to do anything but enjoy the ocean breeze and views while your mind tunes out and wanders off - all within the company of great friends and loved ones. Trust me, if you know anyone who lives in Langkawi or Kedah or if you plan to visit Langkawi, please please please do try this out and you'll know what I mean.

All smiles at the start

Imagine a view like this everyday!


This is pretty much what we did the whole time..haha



Okay this is probably the highlight of the whole experience which I have to explain..hehe..It's called a 'Saltwater Jacuzzi'..imagine holding on to a big fish net while you're gently being pulled by the yacht! so the bubbles created sort of feels like you're in a real jacuzzi! It was a bit scary for me considering I don't know how to swim so I kind of held on to my life..hehe..but it was awesome!


A portion of the 9 course BBQ dinner which included a selection of seafood, appetizers and salads and an Open Bar! Yup, you read right an all you can drink open bar..bet I caught the attention of drinkers out there..hehe..you'll feel like you're in a MTV Hip Hop music video on the decks of a boat holding a glass of Bacardi..hahaha



Hubby giving a go at bringing down the sail. Not as easy as it looks! Takes quite a bit of strength to wind it up!


Beautiful ending to a beautiful experience! How can you forget something like this?

No comments:

Post a Comment